The Oak Bay Kiwanis Pavilion Foundation was established in 1989 as a means for generating and directing donated funds in support of the Pavilion’s residents. This stewardship continues to this day and Our Current Foundation Board Members appreciate your support.
Our Fundraising Activities for 2016/17
2016 Double Diamond Fundraiser
The Double Diamond concert was a huge success. It was held this past September at the new Dave Dunnet Community Theatre in Oak Bay. The concert drew over 200 ticket holders, and between the concert and the silent auction we raised just over $8000.00. The funds raised helped purchase new beds and mattresses for the comfort of the Pavilion’s residents.
Sunday Breakfasts at Willows Beach Tea Room
Our 4th season of Foundation Breakfasts at the Willows Beach Tea Room runs Sunday mornings 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. from January 8th until April 9th, 2017.
Patrons enjoy the new Sunday Breakfast: Sunday Breakfast Menu
Annual Shredding Fundraiser
Saturday, March 18th from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm at Willows Beach Tea Room, in the parking lot, rain or shine. Bring your personal papers for secure shredding by Best Shred. The suggested donation is $20 per bankers-size box.
2016 Christmas Appeal
Click below to view our annual Christmas Appeal Letter.
You can help
There are so many ways your donation can help, no matter how large or small. From supporting music therapy to purchasing new equipment, every dollar raised helps to make the Kiwanis Pavilion a better place for your loved ones.
Everyone has unique financial considerations and different reasons for giving. Please consider making a gift to our Foundation.
Ways to Donate
- Donate online here
- By cheque: Payable to the Oak Bay Kiwanis Pavilion Foundation
- Monthly: By a pre-authorized debit plan
- Buy a Brick: By purchasing an engraved memorial brick in the Pavilion’s Rose Terrace
- Honour the memory of a loved one with a Memorial Gift
- Make a Tribute Gift in honour of someone special
- Give a gift of publicly-listed securities and generate extra tax benefits
- Include a bequest in your will – a thoughtful and powerful way to make a give to the Kiwanis Pavilion
- Name the Oak Bay Kiwanis Pavilion Foundation as a beneficiary of your insurance policy, RRSPs or RRIFs
- Create a charitable remainder trust which generates income for you and allocates the trust principal to the Oak Bay Kiwanis Pavilion Foundation
- Donate personal property such as real estate or artwork, while retaining the right to use the property during your lifetime through a gift of residual interest
- Give to the United Way of Victoria and designate the Oak Bay Kiwanis Pavilion Foundation as the recipient
- Talk to your financial advisor about these options or contact us for more information
Make a donation for the future
We put 98% of every dollar donated toward supporting special projects, programs and equipment for the Kiwanis Pavilion.
Download the 2016-17 Foundation Financial Statements
Our Charitable Registration Number: 88819 9668 RR0001
For further information about the Foundation and how you can contribute, please contact the Pavilion office at 250-598-2022 or via firstname.lastname@example.org