Facility and Services
The Kiwanis Pavilion has private room accommodation for 122 residents; 116 rooms subsidized by Island Health and 6 private pay rooms. Each resident room has an ensuite toilet and sink, hospital-style bed, clothing closet, chest of drawers, and nurse call system. Residents can personalize their rooms with pictures, television and small additional furnishings.
The facility is subdivided into 10 small, secure units ranging in size from 9 to 19 residents. Each unit has its own dining and living room. There are 6 bathing rooms with specialized bathing equipment.
As a residential care facility, The Kiwanis Pavilion provides the following services which are included in the monthly accommodation fee:
- Nursing and personal care on a 24–hour basis, including care given by, or under the clinical direction of a registered nurse or licensed practical nurse, the administration of medications, and assistance with activities of daily living
- Assessment and care services from a clinical team including nursing, social work, dietary, occupational therapy, and physiotherapy
- Food services, including 3 daily meals, snacks between meals and at bedtime, therapeutic diets and dietary supplements, and assistance with meals
- A variety of social and recreational programs and activities
- Pastoral care and religious services, and volunteer services
- Laundry services, required bedding and linens, and the cleaning and upkeep of all rooms and public areas
- Resident care supplies, including a standard incontinence product and basic care equipment and supplies
- Medical care from a family physician
- Staffing levels according to Island Health requirements